I try to shoot for 2000 to 2200 calories per day though if I'm under 2500 I'm happy. At that rate, I tend to lose two pounds per week.
Breakfast: 1 cup of Shredded Wheat or 1 cup of Special K or 1 serving or oatmeal, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar
AM Snack: Ham or turkey sandwich (1 oz.) on whole wheat bread (1 slice) with a "smear" of Miracle Whip, lettuce, and a "nice" cheese (about 1/2 oz.) from the deli. This week it's colby.
Lunch: Meals on Wheels (entree/starch/vegetable/dessert) OR leftovers from double batch cooking (usually soup or a casserole) on the weekend plus applesauce and one store bought cookie OR lunch at senior center (again entree/starch/vegetable/dessert)
PM Snack: Triscuits (6), Laughing Cow Lite (2), fruit (grape, apples or cantaloupe, etc.)
Dinner: Varies widely. Some examples:
- Roast chicken quarter, mashed potatoes, broccoli, 1/2 cup butter pecan ice cream
- Chicken soup, rice crispie bar
- Tuna melt, salad with Thousand Island Light Done Right, 1 snack-sized Mound bar
- Beef Mushroom over egg noodles, Steamfresh pea pods, 1/2 ounce Sno Caps
- 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 sausage, 9 Crispie Crowns, toast, 1 Pecan Sandie
- Baked ziti, broccoli/cauliflower mix, Weight Watchers ice cream treat
Evening: Fla-vor-ice (15 calories)
I drink only water.